Sunday, June 14, 2015

One Way I Made Life Easier


When we bought our RV it had a "walk in closet".

 

Great… I can always use a BIG closet. It even had this really neat curved hanging system that went from one side of my 4 foot closet and curved around to the other side.

Great idea right? It looked like a great idea but looks can be deceiving. I hung clothes on the right side and then as I started into the curved corner I realized that it was pushing on the clothing I had just hung up. As the back straightened out, those clothes pushed on the ones in the curve…. And so it went all the way to the right side. The hanging system was pulled toward the center and there was extra room behind the clothes on the right side. Wasted space? Nope I could put in a hook or two and hang things behind the clothing on that side. One hook held purses and the other hook held three coats. That was a good use of space.

But what about the clothes in the curves that was crowding everything else?

After living with it this way for two months I decided to change it. The biggest problems that I ran up against was that the clothes hanging system hung from the shelf in the closet. Normally the clothes hung on a rod which hung from hangers screwed to the wall or the pole was long enough to be attached at the ends. Since my closet was only four foot wide and I had double sliding doors in the front of the closet, the shelf supported the hanging system. How do I work around this problem?

I looked on the internet for more of this hanging system that I could install in two straight lines. No luck. I couldn't figure out what it is called and I did not find it. My solution was to straighten out what I could on one side and I to hang a bar from the shelf on the other side.

Wow, what a difference it made. Now my clothing are not crowded because I don't have corners to hang into. And I gained 12 more inches of hanging space!!!!!

  

Unfortunately, I forgot to take a "before" picture even though I planned to so you could see what I was talking about. Alas, I only have a good "after" picture. If you look at the shelf you can see where it was curved to and how crowed it had to have been to hand clothing in that space.

I keep reminding myself that change is inevitable and I might as well view it as an adventure with a smile and a positive attitude. God is good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know if you are looking for something specific.